29 9 / 2011
I’m hosting a sprint triathlon on Saturday, Oct 1. Want to join?
- Distance: 0.8 mile swim, 3.7 mile bike, 1.4 mile run
- Start point: Aquatic Park, San Francisco
- End point: Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim, San Francisco
- Estimated cost of participation: $8
The event is self-timed and on the honor system. Transitions do not count against your time. There is no official route for the bicycle portion, and individuals are allowed to optimize their own race routes.
How to Participate:
- Meet at South End Rowing Club at 9:30 am. Bring your bicycle and bag of run/bike clothes.
- Pay South End day use fee ($6.50), sauna, and change.
- Swim 2 laps in Aquatic Park (est 0.8 mi). Time your swim if possible, or estimate your swim time.
- Re-sauna and gear up for the bike portion (transitions do not count against your time).
- Start your watch and get on your bike.
- Ride to Bob’s Donuts on Polk Street and buy a donut (est $1). The route you take is up to you!
- Ride to Golden Gateway Tennis & Swim Club and stop your watch. (est 3.7 mi)
- Get your running gear on and park your bike.
- Start your watch and run up Embarcadero to Chestnut Street (just past Bay Club).
- Run back to Golden Gateway and stop your watch. (est 1.4 mi)
Add up your times, present your donut for verification (partially-eaten OK), and you’re done! Winner buys beverages for consumption in the hot tub.